Friday, May 7, 2010

Kyoka Suzuki relishes detective role and single life

TOKYO —

Actress Kyoka Suzuki is relishing her latest role as a tough detective in the WOWOW Sunday night drama “Pandora II Kigaretto” (Pandora II Hunger Islands).

The 41-year-old star says, “It’s really fun, because the real me is a sissy and this character is opposite from my clean image. Now that I am in my 40s, I can be more ambitious about the sort of roles I take on. From now on, it is a new start.”

Meanwhile, there have been rumors in the tabloids that Suzuki will marry actor Hiroyuki Sanada, 49, but she says there are no such plans. “It is completely untrue and I am troubled by that sort of reporting. Actually, I have no intention of getting married. I believe there is nothing wrong with women who choose not to marry. My job is my main love. But every time I deny those rumors, the media ignore it. It’s not easy to get people to understand this way of thinking.”

Suzuki says that she intends to keep acting until her old age. “It is a very difficult job but I want to become a ‘granny actress’ that everybody depends on, so I can return a favor to those people who gave me a chance early in my career.”

Anyway, here are 10 questions posed by the media.

1) We hear you are a good cook? What is your best dish?

Italian or Japanese. If you tell me what to cook, I can cook anything. This is something I can boast about.

2) Then what’s your favorite food?

I’m not particular but recently I am into almonds. I roast them and eat some almost everyday.

3) Who in the world would you most like to meet?

U.S. President Barack Obama.

4) What do you wish to see most in Japanese society?

I always feel a sense of calm when I return home. I wish that all homeless people could have this feeling and the kind of home I have.

5) Which country is on your must-visit list?

Egypt. I would love to see the pyramids. Unfortunately, I never seem to be able to find the time to go there.

6) If you had a time machine, when in the past would you like to go back to?

I would like to go back to when my father was born. I heard so much about my grandmother from him. She died before I was born, so I would like to meet her and see what kind of a person she was.

7) If you were reincarnated as an animal, what would you be?

I don’t really want to admit this but I would be a koala. Some people say my face looks like a koala.

8) What is your motto?

Just go for it. If I can’t make a decision about something, that’s what I do.

9) What other art form would you like to challenge?

Either ballet or the tango. I like anything expressionist where I can create something.

10) If you had not become an actress, what kind of a job do you think you would have been doing at this point in life?

I’d probably be still in my hometown in Sendai, working as an office lady. On the other hand, many of my relatives are school teachers, so maybe I would have been a teacher.

http://www.japantoday.com/category/entertainment-arts/view/kyoka-suzuki-relishes-detective-role-and-single-life

No comments:

Post a Comment